Friday, July 11, 2014

Your Gunna Miss This


What happens when our dreams get put on hold, or when our lives end up at a standstill moment? The road less traveled is still a road, it usually is the harder one the one that everyone avoids by finding short cuts that lead to yet another fork. I think all people have a monumental goal in life, a dream that is just out of reach and the roads we short cut through may end up cutting us off from obtaining them. 
I have always had to choose the harder roads some had short cuts but in the end I found it easier to just do the hard work and climb the mountains. Now I find myself in a place where I want so much out of life, I want to explore the world, I want my children to live happy and healthy, I want my husband to always know I love him and I want to finish the novels I have started and make them available for the world to enjoy. I have spoke before about balancing life with wants and needs. I always have chosen the people I love over the wants of my own. Now life is giving me the opportunity for the time to write again and connect with the many amazing writers and readers I have met over the years. I am coming up on my last couple years of college and finally I will be able to do it without breaks. In this though I am glad I waited and set my goals aside. I got to take in all the moments with my children and husband that matter. My youngest starts school next week and it is just as joyous as it is sad to me. That last mile stone of being my daily partner making me smile through out the day and making me want to pull my hair out. I hold close the words to that song by Trace Adkins, Your Gunna Miss this. I do already. Time is a strange thing it is a moment that changes your life and sometimes a moment you want to forget. I have been lucky in my life I always love everyone unconditionally. I forgive and I move past the hard stuff. There are times though when you want that moment to last for ever. Like writing the first thousand words in a new story or the exhilarating vacations you never want to leave. Just food for thought I guess.
The updates in my writing life are small, I know I miss it as much as you miss hearing about it all. I have been working on my reading though I think that counts. I plan to write a whole lot more in the coming weeks. I will share some tidbits on my next post. 
I was asked, what do you plan to do with your degree? I plan to finish my BA in Journalism and Mass Communications and then Master in Creative writing or Education that is still undecided. I eventually want to work for a Literary Agent company (after I publish my stories) or A publishing company. As much as I love to write I love to read and reading fresh new stories from writers who want to share them with the world is like flying to the moon for me. My biggest plan is with my husband when our youngest graduates College we are going to set off on a year long adventure to drive the Pan-America road. I will be vlogging it yay :) For right now we are planning some small trail trips and I will totally be sharing them with you. 
For now just smile take in the moments and laugh, cry and remember love will always light up your life! 
tatafornow 
KSPD






No comments:

Post a Comment