Thursday, June 12, 2014

Junwrimo

It's June which means it is Writers month. This happens twice a year in June and in November. Writers take 30 days to write 50k words. It is fun and encouraging. My story is about teenagers sent to an Island to serve out their sentence. It is like a boot camp but there is much more going on. It is not like Lord Of The Flies as much as we all loved that book... That was a joke, smile! I will share more as I get more into the story.

I am one of those people who read positive blog post and avoid the news, why you ask? The news is depressing it is sad and it is annoyingly frustrating. So much negative and awful crap goes on between 5pm and 7am, all of which you can not do a darn thing about and it clutters my day with sad thoughts and wondering what the heck I can do to help something, only to come to the conclusion I can't do a darn thing but think about it. I wish there could be a news channel that people would watch that promoted positive news and all the good in our world. In my opinion we focus so much on negative we promote it. Most criminals are attention getters, media offers attention to criminals and horrid acts of violence. I would love to hear about the kid who graduated defeating his odds, or the man who helped walk the old lady across the street.

Now for the big life news, both of my kids finished out the year and over came obstacles. The excelled in their  academics even though it was challenging and they made amazing friends. Very Proud MoM. I am back to the college grind, going to finish this degree if it kills me. The husband is doing well and even though we are stuck here in the dessert for 2 more years we are doing it together as a happy family and thats what counts. Though I sure miss trees, grass and plants.

I think it is important to laugh every day, smile as much as you can, and high five every small accomplishment. Even when it feels impossible find a reason.

Have A Happy Week
Signing off with food for thought
KSPD






No comments:

Post a Comment