Friday, October 25, 2013

Trying to Kill Time

Happy Friday!!! 

This week I submitted When Stars Collide to a contest called Agent Treat, Some really awesome ladies I follow on twitter who have become amazing writer friends are running it. Needless to say I have been checking and waiting and dying for next Tuesday to hurry up already and get here so I can see if I made the final 39 cut... 

In that time I have been organizing my NaNoWriMo for November. This is a million writers writing a new book in 30 days. The goal is 50k words. Yes you would think I would be starting When Worlds Collide but no I am going to take on a new adventure I feel a special Paranormal fantasy story coming on and no it does not involve Vampires, Werwolves or Zombies. I just see a lot of Ocean and teenage problems. 

Now that I am ready to begin that project, I have been forced to find other means of distraction to avoid twitter and not go insane during my daycare kids 2 hour nap break, they have included cutting fabric for a wash clothes, writing a separate project and extra proof reading on my submission. 

Below is part of my pitch to Agent Treat. Now to understand my #1, The contest has agents what are costumed so we don't know who they are but we had to explain which one our main character would be... Now I can see the wording isn't perfect and yes it is driving me insane but hopefully they will look past this and love my story just a little.


When Stars Collide
By: Keri Sue
YA, Science Fiction / Paranormal 50,000+ words

Stardust, human and a taste of alien DNA makes up 17 year old being Celeste. With her closest friends and allies united they become more powerful then even a quasar, on a vengeful path of suction towards their home planet Bied. At first though together they must cypher through the lies and charms used to railroad their destinies, all the while putting aside the levitating and telepathic talking to make room for force fields and time bending talents.



1)    
My main Character Celeste would be Princess Leia; fighting evil beings, traveling to exotic planets, and learning family secrets, while crafting celestulous and unique friendships, romantic relationships and sworn enemies.
2)    

High Definition vision, glowing skin, alien in DNA but human in form with a     hint of mystery, love and friendship makes my story unique. The stardust alone will make my story marketable, but if you need more we can add black holes and beautiful necklaces that wield power.



Have a super awesome weekend and follow me on twitter @kerigilles or 
 Facebook www.facebook.com/pages/KSPDWrites

1 comment:

  1. Hi Keri,

    I commented on your Twitter post about not getting into Agent Treat and thought I'd stop by your blog. If you'd like another critique partner, let me know. I've been at this awhile (almost 7 years) and even had an agent for 4 years. Visit my website @ www.shannonwixom.com and use my contact form to email me if you'd like to get in touch. This is a tough industry to break into, so never give up writing. I have to tell myself this every day!

    ReplyDelete