Monday, June 10, 2013

Sunshine Award



I was nominated by Roberta Goodman for the Sunshine award. I haven't ever been nominated for something like this so it is really exciting. This past year has been a learning experience to say the least. I wrote half a novel chucked it wrote another 15k words saved it and then I wrote a 53k manuscript and well that is be re-written. I have learned though that no matter what challenges I face I can make it through. I have loved to write since I was very young but having dyslexia and writing are not always the easiest of things. When you love to do something though; a little word mix up is worth it. As a nominee I was asked to do a few things.... 
First thank you Roberta your blog is fantastic as well! www.rgoodman.com check her out!!

The Rules: When you receive the award, you are asked to do a few things…

1. Post the Sunshine Award Logo you see at the top.
2. Accept the nomination and link back to the nominator.
3. Answer the questions below.
4. Nominate ten other blogs and inform them of the nomination.
 
That is all :)

1) My favorite Color : I love blue's and purples they can be so vibrant and calming all at once. 

2) My Favorite Animal: Well I love animals, Turtles I love turtles. They are a reptile I know but Since I was about 3 years old I have loved turtles. I loved that they could just hide in their shell when they get scared and peak out every so often to make sure the coast was clear. 

3) My favorite number:  777 Three times the luck 

4) My favorite non alcoholic beverage: Tea I love tea with honey and agave.

5) My favorite Alcoholic beverage: Anything with Malibu Passion rum... 

6) Facebook or Twitter: I am better at Facebook because my family is on there but I do tweet as well. I am not really good at keeping up with everyone though three kids a dog and a husband, job, college and writing keeps you busy.

7) My Passions: My husband, daughter, and son's. They are my world my everything. Of course writing and I love being crafty or being outside. 

8) Giving or Receiving gifts: Giving, I try to give back in every way I can. My son has autism and I love helping other parents who need a direction or a new out look on it when their children are diagnosed. We do a lot of charity and volunteering as well for our kids schools and activities. 

9) Favorite City: I would have to say West Linn, OR It is so peaceful there and beautiful. Good schools and jobs but the part I love most about West Linn is the trees and green that surrounds it with a little vintage type town setting. 

10) Favorite TV Shows: Oh man this could be a long list. I love Grey's anatomy, Vampire Diaries, Castle, Bones, Revenge, Firefly, Dexter, Breaking Bad, anything supernatural that isn't to scary lol and funny ones like Up all Night and New Girl. 

My Ten Nominees: 

Trish Marie Dawson @Trish_Dawson

Red Tash  @redtashbooks

Elizabeth Briggs @Lizwrites

Dahlia Adler  @MissDahlELama

Kris Mehigen  @KKMHOO

Angela James @angelajames

Brenda Drake @brendadrake

Jen Malone  @Jenniferlmalone

Cassandra Marshall  @OnlyCassandra

Lori M Lee @LoriMLee

I have chosen women who inspired me to keep going even when I want to quit and are always uplifting and positive. If I ever have a question they answer it and they in so many words treat me like I am human. Even if I am some no name author right now. Their inspiration and passion helps me keep mine and they help so many others. Always volunteering for contests or just posting things that matter. Thanks ladies I pass the torch to you!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Keri! I'm honored.
    Kris Mehigan
    @KKMHOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Your Welcome thank you for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire your tenacity, Keri :) I've learned it's a necessary quality to possess if you want to get somewhere in the writing world. I knew I made the right choice when I included you among the Sunshine recipients :) Good luck to you in all your writing endeavors! Never give up, because all your dreams can be achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* Thanks so much, Keri :) You are way too sweet <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nomination, I'm thrilled and honored you thought of me. <3

    ReplyDelete